MIAMIurbanlife.com

Who's your neighbor?

One of the residents brought up a concern about rising condo association fees at 50 Biscayne. Apparently there was a vote to raise them in January of 2008.

My fees went up about $100 from my original rate. Is everyone else experiencing the same thing?

What can be done to avoid another increase?

Views: 21

Replies to This Discussion

I received the payment coupons for 2009 and the new rate for my 2 bedroom is $982.67.

Hopefully that will be reduced.

lovedowntown said:
If you don't mind me asking, how much is the association fees for a 2 bedroom in this building? and what will be the new monthly fee for 2009?
Thanks
Well that's odd because the paperwork announcing the 2009 budget stated $916.04 as the highest rate on a two bedroom. I really can't believe how it can cost $4M a year to operate this building. I was told they wanted to vote on only collecting 20% of the reserves which would mean the maximum 2bed fee should not raise to more than $817.14

Did you get the budget paperwork? it should have been mailed out in November. When I return from a business trip this week I'm going to start talking to them about the financial statements. They are required by law to have audited financial statements available for review by owners.
We have another condo at the loft 2 and we were paying 476 for a 2 bed 2 bath. the payments for 2009 came in 485. Increase was less then 20 per month. I do understand that 50 biscayne has much more amenities but the increase was a lot. Can it be because of the empty units? But 50 Byscayne is one of my favorite building.
There are no developer units, all units have been sold and the owners should be paying their condo fees.
This is correct. All units have been sold and they have to pay maintenance fees just like every other owner. I do have the 2009 budget, but I have not had a chance to review it in detail.

Antonios said:
There are no developer units, all units have been sold and the owners should be paying their condo fees.
There is going to be a meeting on March 23, 2009 to vote on waiving the reserves in the association fees. All owners who want to keep their maintenance fees down, must vote to waive the reserves!

If you need additional information or you can't make the meeting, please stop by the front desk or contact the management office. Paperwork was also mailed out to all owners.
It would be nice if someone would bring up the speedbumps in the garage. Everyone I spoke to in the building would like to have them removed.
if you are in town please come to the meeting, the last one was very poorly attended, maybe 5 people. It looks like you need to be there if you have a concern because no one is going to do it for you.

Abraham Ash said:
It would be nice if someone would bring up the speedbumps in the garage. Everyone I spoke to in the building would like to have them removed.
If you do not have a copy call the management office and have them email it to you. I have an electronic copy as well in case you can not get in touch with them or get a response from them. I'll help anyone vote that is voting against the reserves
So it was approved for reserves not to be collected in 2009. Thank you everyone for voting!

Someone mentioned to me that some banks don't want to loan money for buildings that do not collect reserves. Management assured me that this would not be an issue since this is such a new building. Have you heard about these problems with some of the newer buildings?

RSS

Welcome to Downtown Miami's First Online Social Network!

:: Find your Condo!
:: Search for Neighbors
:: My Condo is Not Listed
:: Introduce Yourself!

Looking to rent?
Find your condo now!

© 2024   Created by Alex (MUL).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service