MIAMIurbanlife.com

Who's your neighbor?

Hello future neighbors! I will be closing next week on my A-line townhouse. I just wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations with respect to construction in our building. I found that Lux Quarters was priced too high for what they were offering. Also, does anyone have any recommendations on installation of blinds.

Views: 71

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Joseph, How do you like your A-line townhouse and the building overall? I heard those have some really nice layouts.
Hi Alex: I love the layout. The den is large and has a window so that it can become converted to a 3rd bedroom if one desired. I also feel that the 20 ft ceilings give the apartment a more spacious feel. The building is stunning, I have seen many new developments but 900 Biscayne outshines them all by a longshot. The quality is unsurpassed.
Did you get all the work done to your place?

If not, my friend Diego Rodriguez is a General Contractor and he may be able to help you out with whatever you need. Him and his team did a great job at my place.

Feel free to e-mail him at d@diegonconstruction.net
Hi Alex: Thanks for the follow-up. I actually found a reputable contractor who will be 1/2 the price of Lux Quarters. If anything falls through I will e-mail you.
Someone arbitrarily has increased the garbage disposal fee to $1500, from $500... Umm today. No explanation, and congrats for favoring Lux, whom the developer endorces. I am not a conspiracy theory kind of guy, but, umm, this is illegal!!!

The building has issues with people licensed in nearby counties (read licensed in Broward or say Palm Beach). I only speak English... Most disquieting....
Happy New Year and thanks for the Info on the shades. Who did your installation? I have 20ft ceilings in my unit so I will need motorized shades.

ausniQ said:
About blinds, stick with Mecho shades or some sort of shear weave shades. In the bedroom, have the installer install a "double roll" which is basically a roll to match your unit's general shade (probably a 5%) and a blackout shade. Please do not live in any Miami tower and not have blackouts in your bedrooms. You'll suffer in the long term and won't realize it until it's too late.

Don't buy Mecho shades directly from a Mecho dealer... they will RIP you off. In a previous house of mine, I asked for a quote on 1% shades (manual), one Kawneer door, and 3 glass panels (about 90" h x 32" w) and the quote came back as $7,500!!!!!! The dealer later said, "Oh that was a typo!"

Then the quote went down to $3,200. Still way too high.

Here's a tool to estimate your blinds cost: www.sheerweaveshades.com

I've ordered from them, the only downside is the time. Their blinds are usually 3 weeks out.
Hi - in the same process you were in a year ago. Installing shades. Can you recommend the company that finally performed the work? I appreciate the help.

RSS

Welcome to Downtown Miami's First Online Social Network!

:: Find your Condo!
:: Search for Neighbors
:: My Condo is Not Listed
:: Introduce Yourself!

Looking to rent?
Find your condo now!

© 2024   Created by Alex (MUL).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service