MIAMIurbanlife.com

Who's your neighbor?

I would love to take walks after work and get some light exercise but I don't feel safe in downtown. I think it is still a bit edgy and there are too many bums to walk alone. Is anyone interested in walking? Does anyone know of any walking paths of a mile or more aside from along Brickel Avenue and the bridge?

Views: 38

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Suze, have you ever tried walking around the Roads area? I can honestly understand about the edgy-ness of downtown, so, if you're ever around the Brickell and Coral way area (I run around there), I find it a lot more safer.
I haven't no. I am hoping to find people to walk witha couple of times a week. i don't really exercise so I find walking is low impact and also gets you out and about. I don't about running though!
Suze, you're right about it being a little edgy at night, but it's certainly gotten a LOT better than it used to be. You should be able to walk around Bayside at night without a problem. It's usually full of people until late at night.

Either way, it's always more fun with a friend! :-]
Tell you what. Let me know when is the next time you plan on walking in the area and I'll meet up with you. We'll discuss the running thing later if you want.
I'm looking for someone to run with, if that interests you. I don't run too far, maybe 3 miles max, and its more of a jog than a run :-)
Has anyone agreed on walking in downtown....ladies?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome to Downtown Miami's First Online Social Network!

:: Find your Condo!
:: Search for Neighbors
:: My Condo is Not Listed
:: Introduce Yourself!

Looking to rent?
Find your condo now!

© 2024   Created by Alex (MUL).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service