MIAMIurbanlife.com

Who's your neighbor?

So I think the Miami Skylift has hit the end of the road. I was able to take some pictures while they deflated the balloon in preparation for the 4th of July bash at Bayfront Park. I heard they were not paying the rent which is probably the case.

It was a cool concept and great use of the fountain, but I don't think they were getting enough pedestrian traffic through the park to make it a profitable business. Also, once you pay $16 to ride it once, why would you ride it again?

I wonder if they'll come up with another attraction for the park? I've been hearing about a revitalization plan of Bayfront Park for years, but I haven't seen many changes.

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

now the fountain looks so empty.. I hope they add something to make it appealing for Miami residents to walk around & enjoy in the evenings.

just how they have an ice rink in Central Park.. how about an outdoor roller rink?
Naw they are going to flatten the park and build a massive skyrise right infront of your view HAHAH. But you are right they definitely should do something to attract people to the park.
Well at least for now I won't have any tourists with binoculars spying on me from the balloon... hahaha...
HAHAHAH you looking at them with your binoculars and them looking back at you.... awkward lol.
I think they should put a nice water fountain. Something that represent's the city of Miami. Some nice art work from Dale Chihuly. He is a world famous glass artist. Anyhow , something like that. That will bring some color to Downtown Miami.

xoxo
oh NO i never got to ride it =(

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome to Downtown Miami's First Online Social Network!

:: Find your Condo!
:: Search for Neighbors
:: My Condo is Not Listed
:: Introduce Yourself!

Looking to rent?
Find your condo now!

© 2024   Created by Alex (MUL).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service